I've been working with this ruby material a lot for my screen printing class. I'm not exactly sure what it's called, but you start with a full sheet of ruby and excise the pieces away until you have the image you want. This image was composed of 5 different films. I wanted it to be a kind of thing where they would be more of a disambiguation when separate, but could be compiled into a skull. It would have been nice to try to depict this somehow with my presentation in class.
It's nice to be getting a feel for what I like and what I want to make as an artist. I feel like it shows when I'm more proud of a piece. I think it exudes that in the final product.

Too bad we won't see you for the show on Tuesday, Ryan. You (and your work) have been more central to this term's class than you might realize... That's because you've brought different questions and a different point of view. And a certain seemingly low-key intensity.
ReplyDeleteBut handle as need be. And always my best to you as you continue to explore "Ryan-ness"