Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"Rise, Follow"

I like to manipulate things. Most of my sculpture work is not about carving or reduction, and not always about building things either (although I do end up building something in the process). My favorite thing to do is to manipulate something into something else. When we got the words for the week, I thought that both words were very attached to human behavior, and I wanted to convey that somehow.




I used colored paperclips to help convey the human form: red and bue blood vessels, veins, arteries, white bones, the pink brain. The coors were too vibrant, though, and I didn't quite achieve what I wanted too. I was still pretty happy with how he looked, though. I also don't think the success of the piece is dependent on everyone else seeing it the same way I do. I made it with one intention, but it doesn't mean it's incapable of inhabiting other intentions as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment